Thursday, July 31, 2014

Daily MakeUp Routine

I recently purchased the Sony DSC-H400 as I really wanted a good blogging camera. The camera I usually use is actually my boyfriends and seeing as we don't live together I don't always have access to it. I am hoping the quality of the photos won't be too affected as I am moving from using a DSLR to a Bridge camera. The only issue I have noticed so far is that the auto focus is a bit more troublesome than focusing manually especially for up close detailed shots. I went ahead and took some photos today to test the camera and I think that they turned out pretty well. I am not too used to photographing such up close shots but I did my best to get some nice(ish) images!! 
Anyways onto the main focus of this post! I am not too experimental when it comes to makeup and pretty much stick to the same products until they run out. So here is a look inside my makeup bag. 



I firstly apply the Revlon Nearly Naked all over my face with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. This foundation gives a lightweight coverage but is buildable. I much prefer using a brush over my hands as I feel that they give a more flawless application.


I then apply my Inglot concealer in Shade 91 underneath my eyes, on my chin and on my forehead with the Real Techniques Beauty Blender to brighten those areas. This concealer again is pretty lightweight and for that reason i would not recommend it if you need a full coverage concealer! It also tends to crease a little under my eyes but I find that most concealers do! (if you have any recommendations for under eye concealers please let me know!) 


I powder my face using the Inglot Translucent Powder. This power looks yellow in the pot however it appears translucent on the skin! I am not so sure if it helps my foundation last any longer but it certainly does dull down the excess shine caused by the dewy foundation! 


I apply the lightest colour from my Crown Brush Concealer pallet all over my eyelids. I prefer to use a concealer on my eyelids than a primer as I have some discolouration on my lids that I like to cover. I don't find that this concealer creases once set with a eyeshadow!


I really do not like going to dramatic with my eye makeup as illustrated by the above products! These tend to be my go to eyeshadows no matter what the occasion. I use the nude colour all over my lid, the white colour as a highlight along my brow bone and to add depth I add milkchocolate by natural collection to my crease!  If I want a more dramatic look I simply add more of the brown colour to my crease and add some winged liner! 


 For cheeks I like to use this Rimmel Blush in Santa Rose and for highlight MAC's Soft & Gentle. Both products work pretty well and give a nice glow to the cheeks!


I am really loving nude lips at the moment especially with brownish undertones and this Lip Pencil from Inglot is the lip product i have been reaching for at the moment. I really like the colour of this lip pencil however it is quite drying on the lips and doesn't have a great lasting power so I end up having to reapply it quite often throughout the day!


Finially for my brows I use this pencil from Rimmel to both darken and fill in my brows. I then set everything in place with my Catrice Brow Gel. I finish the look with my Clinique high impact mascara. I absolutely love this mascara and honestly think that it is one of the best I have ever tried. The best thing is that it doesnt cost me a cent as it comes as a freebie in most Clinique gift bags that my mum gets! Love a good freebie I do! 
Thank you so much for reading if you have any questions feel free to ask in the comments below adn dont forget to follow me on Bloglovin.


Sarah x

4 comments:

  1. Lovely post! Lots of detail :)

    emilyldn.blogspot.com
    (New to the blogging world)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post! I've the same eyebrow pencil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you recommend the camera? I'm in need of a new blogging camera as mine is such bad quality! Lovely post :)

    http://beckierackham.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cant say just yet to be honest as I still havent played around with it enough! I find that the camers does not adjust correctly when in bright light so you have to play around with the exposure settings quite a bit! The zoom on it is great and the overall picture quality is nice too. So I suppose it is pretty good for the price! :) x

      Delete