Saturday, March 7, 2015

LondonFashionWeekend



















So its been a while and honestly I have no good excuse as to why I have completely neglected my blog for almost three months but I'm back and I'm excited to be back! So I popped over to London last weekend to attend London Fashion Weekend with my boyfriend and I had an absolute ball! 
London Fashion Weekend is similar to that of London Fashion Week as it takes place in the same venue, hosts lots of cool events including talks and fashion shows and has tons of fashion savvy girls and guys strutting around in their trendiest attire posing at every possible opportunity! The difference is that its more of a commercial event and gears toward promoting this seasons trends as opposed to whats going to be in, in a few months from now. 
I attended two fashion shows, one "trend" show and one "designer". As the event is largely commercial the looks that were featured in both shows were off the rack and wearable as opposed to avant-garde works of art. The trend show was hosted by the Outnet.com, Net-a-porters discount site and  featured a selection of SS15’s most talked-about trends. These ranged from "Hyper Florals" to "That Seventies Show" (Seventies inspired looks, everything from flares to crochet!).
The designer show featured looks from Halston. The looks were simple and chic and were designed with the everyday American woman in mind. To be honest I wasn't mad about the looks as I felt they catered to a more mature audience and didn't exactly excite me in terms of innovative atheistic or design. Never the less the experience itself was incredible and it really reminded me as to why it is that I have such a passion for this industry! 
Thanks so much for checking out my blog! 



Sarah x  

Bag, Blazer, Top, Culottes, Necklace - Primark
Shoes - RiverIsland 

No comments:

Post a Comment